Thursday, April 30, 2009

You're Blocking My Pores /VIDEO: ASHER ROTH - BE BY MYSELF (FEAT. CEE-LO)



Another dope as cheese moment. Found it on Blind I. Thanks Suli.

Asher Roth is from Morrisville, Pennsylvania. He is currently signed to a joint venture between Scooter Braun's Schoolboy Music and SRC Records.

Straight from the horses mouth: "The first CD I ever bought was Dave Matthews Band's 'Crash'...That is how suburban I am...I finally got into hip hop in '98 when I heard the Annie sample with Jay-Z....When I wrote my 'A Milli' freestyle, that was me listening to 10 years of hip hop and not relating to it at all. Like, Damn I don’t sell coke. Damn, I don’t have cars or 25-inch rims. I don't have guns. I finally got to a point where I had the confidence to do this thing myself, and I was making music for me. And it turns out, a lot of people feel the same way I do. I was always from the outside looking in. Hip-hop has always been very influential in the ‘burbs, but it’s just a matter of where we could relate to it. You find a lot of kids that are really confused. You look at them and they’re dressed out of character. They don’t look right. I figured out, I don’t have to dress this way, but I can still love hip-hop."

No comments:

Post a Comment